Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Strike Against Same-Sex Marriage

When the Christian Right gets ahold of this story, it's gonna be war. Oddly enough, no marriage is directly involved.

Nonetheless, I have to wonder how this lesbian couple beating "their son" to death is gonna play out in the whole debate.

The article doesn't mention who had custody of the victim, Jandre Botha, 4, who was born to Hanelie Botha and former husband Jan Botha. It does mention that Hanelie Botha and lesbian partner Engeline de Nysschen brutally murdered the kid when he refused to call Nysschen "daddy."

"Evidence showed he had sustained horrific injuries, including a fractured skull and brain damage, as well as broken legs, collarbone, hands and pelvis."

This is probably the time to point out that I have no problem with children being adopted by homosexual couples or individuals. In fact, I'm all for it, generally speaking. I'm just against this one.

The current "same-sex marriage is just fine" side of the argument is gonna feel this, I'd wager.

I really can't wait until some pundit generalizes all lesbians into murderers. That is a stance we can all take seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home